Awesome Facts and Figures on the Rise of the Social Mobile Web – INFOGRAPHIC
The Latest Mobile Web Facts and Figures
The growth of the social networks over the last few years has been matched by the mobile internet with smart phones sales approaching nearly 500 million units in 2011. The synergy that these 2 fast tracking trends provide is changing how we work and play.
So what are some statistics worth noting?
- The smartphone sales were up over 63% in 2011 from 2010 (488.5 million)
- 5.9 billion people now use mobile phones globally
- Over 300,000 apps have been developed in the past 3 years and downloaded more than 10.9 Billion times
- 77% use mobile phones for search
- Social networking accounted for 50% of all page views on mobile phones in 2011
- Facebook mobile users quadrupled in 2 years from 50 million to 200 million
- There are 200 million mobile video playbacks from YouTube every day
- There are 1.2 billion internet connected smartphones
The upside for mobile commerce and smart phone growth is enormous as all mobile phones will eventually become internet connected. On current numbers that means that 4.7 billion smart phones are yet to be sold and connected! Is your business ready for the mobile web?